COVID-19 UPDATE - OFFICE and STAFF OPERATIONS
HUMAN SERVICES DEPARTMENT Route 31 County Comlex, Gaunttt Place, Flemington
- HOUSING DIVISION Staff will be in the office during business hours to assist by phone 908-788-1386, public access to the building is restricted.
- Public access to the Hunterdon County Senior Center is temporarily suspended through May 4, 2020, at which point the situation will be re-evaluated. All Senior activities, including congregate meals, are suspended.
Seniors with questions may contact the Senior program by calling (908) 788-1361 during regular business hours or via email at email@example.com.
NOTE: The Meals on Wheels program will continue with a meal drop off program designed to eliminate personal interaction between participants and volunteers.
- SOCIAL SERVICES DIVISION County residents who wish to apply for SNAP food assistance, or cash assistance under the Work First New Jersey program can do so online at NJHelps.org.
- During this public health crisis, Social Services can conduct interviews by phone. Applicants do not need to come into the office to apply.
- Residents are encouraged to call Social Services at 908-788-1300 if they have an emergency housing need.
- TRANSPORTATION (LINK) www.ridethelink.com COVID-19 UPDATE 03/27/2020:
Demand Response service limited to:
Essential medical trips
Work related transportation
Shuffle Routes (14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ) still running normal schedule, limit of 5 passengers at a time for social distancing
Route 23: No 6:30 am run to RVCC as the college is closed.
Dialysis – Fully operational. Drivers are not allowed to enter dialysis, only to outside their door.
No tickets, no receipts, no change, no bills for fares being accepted. No exchanges between passenger and driver to decrease potential risk between passengers and drivers.
If you have any questions please contact LINK at 1-800-842-0531 or visit www.ridethelink.com
- Workforce Development - Greater Raritan One-Stop Career Training Service Centers Because of the Coronavirus situation, the Greater Raritan One-Stop Career Training Service Centers at 6 Gauntt Place in Flemington and 27 Warren St. in Somerville are closed to in-person visits. Staff will continue to assist customers over the phone and via email. Customers are asked to call 908-541-5780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- In addition, the Greater Raritan One-Stop Career Center at 75 Veterans Memorial Drive in Somerville closed to the public at 11 a.m. Wednesday, March 18.
- Customers who need to file new Unemployment Insurance claims are asked to apply online at: https://myunemployment.nj.gov.
- Customers unable to access the Internet should call the following numbers: North Jersey, 201-601-4100; Central Jersey, 732-761-2020; Southern Jersey: 856-507-2340.
- The state Department of Labor is taking steps to transition other services, including Temporary Disability Insurance, Family Leave Insurance and Workers Compensation, to online and telephone platforms.
- This document posted by the state reviews different benefit scenarios for those impacted by COV-19.